>> Rethimno <<
Information about Rehtimno
Official city website: http://www.rethymnon.gr
The information provided hereafter is meant as a first orientation to the total stranger. Due to the Greek Orthodox Easter period in which a lot of travel occurs, alteration and adaptations are expected. For specific information relevant to your travel ask your travel agent. You may also use the travel agency:
Sbokos Tours s.a, 51, Dimokratias av., 71305 Heraklio, Crete
Tel: +30 (810) 229712, Fax: +30 (810) 225431, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web page : www.sbokostours-dmc.gr
You may travel to Rethimno:
Upon arrival at the Heraklio or Chania airport (or port):
- by plane to Heraklio (Iraklio) or Chania (Hania) and then by bus or taxi to Rethymno
- by boat to Rethymno
- by boat to Heraklio (Iraklio) or Chania (Hania) and then by bus or taxi to Rethymno
- by boat to Agios Nikolaos and then by bus or taxi to Rethymno. Relative to the previous choice, the distance (and the expenses) are almost double
From the port of Piraeus
- You may take a taxi to carry you directly to your hotel in Rethymno. The cost is around 45 € - ask beforehand and negotiate the fare. The trip will take about 1 hour (a bit more from Heraklion a bit less from Chania).
- You may take a taxi to the central bus station, take the bus to Rethymno, and then take another taxi to your hotel. Taxi fares are about 4 € for every use and the bus fare around 5 €. The bus trip is 1h 30 min from Chania and 2h 30 min from Heraklio but some itineraries going trough the villages may take significantly more time. Bus departures are every half hour until 20:30.
- You may hire a car at the airport. The cost is around 50 € per day but you may negotiate lower prices. As a rule, booking car hire through a travel agent is considerably cheaper.
- In case you reached the airport through a charter flight or using the services of a travel agent it may be possible to get the transfer to/from your hotel and an accommodation at very reasonable prices. In this case, however, inquire if breakfast is included.
There is a boat to Rethymno and to Adios Nicolas almost daily. Two boats also sail daily to Heraklion and two for Chania. The boats sail in the evening and reach their destinations (very) early in the morning. Fares vary in the range of 25 - 80 € depending on class. The liners are very comfortable, their restaurants normally serve nice reach meals and the voyage resembles usually a night sea cruise. In periods of increased demand daily voyages are also scheduled.
Transportation to/from the University
- by bus. Bus stops every 500m.
- by taxi. The cost is about 3 € with a surcharge (1- 2 €) for a telephone appointment.
The weather is expected to be fine with mild temperatures. A jacket is necessary.
Have a nice stay in Rethymno!
Κάντε κλίκ εδώ για να δείτε αυτή τη σελίδα στα Ελληνικά