>> Author Guidelines <<
All submitted papers will undergo a blind reviewing process by at least two colleagues, eminent in the respective field. The accepted papers must have positive reviews.
In order to speed up the process and lower the cost of the Organization of the Conference, the submitted text must conform to the most possible extend to the Guidelines below. Although slight deviations may be accepted, keep in mind that significant deviations will hamper the process and may result to the omission of your work from the Book of Abstracts.
- Texts may be sent in any Word processor format. MicroSoft Word 2000 or an earlier version is preferred.
- All text must be sent by e-mail to the Conference Address email@example.com. In case of postal expedition a diskette with the file must be included.
- Pictures, Drawings, Tables, etc must be embedded in the text. No links to other files are allowed.
- Try to keep low the size of the file. Large files may cause problems especially over poor connection lines or if there are limitations to the file size, total or per message of the e-mail program or server used. You may also send the file in zip format.
- Check your e-mail account for size limitations either in total or per message.
- Keep in mind that the printing will be in Grey tones, not in color.
- Pictures embedded should have the lowest possible resolution and colors in order to keep low the file size. A resolution of 256 colors or tones of gray are usually sufficient for non-colored printing. If possible, try to replace pictures with drawings or figures (of one simple layer). Try to avoid very sophisticated formatting; the file size will be increased. 'Save As' your work under a different name and/or in a different place may also limit its file size.
- Avoid completely the use of macro commands. The organizing committee for reasons of safety against computer viruses has disabled all macro use in the files to be received.
- In case of corrections to the text the whole file must sent again to replace the previous one. Do not send fragments of your work the organizing Committee will not make any patching.
Page Setup must include:
- Paper Size A4 (210mm width by 297mm height)
- Printing area 170mm width by 230mm height at the most with symmetric margins
- A selection of Up and Down margins of 34 mm and Left and Right margins of 20mm fulfill the requirements above.
- Use Portrait printing in the whole document.
- Do not use Page Headers and/or no Page Footers
- You may use Footnotes, clearly separated from the mainstream of text within the total printing area of 170mm X 210mm.
- Use Justified Alignment. Do not use any other Paragraph or Line formatting
- Text may be in 1 or 2 Columns. In the case of 2 columns, embedded objects (pictures, Tables, etc.) should be 1 column wide otherwise they must appear in the top or the bottom of the page.
- Use everywhere the Normal Style (No Headings or other Styles).
- Use Single Line Spacing.
Use only the standard Fonts, Arial, Times, Courier, preferably in their Unicode version. If you use any other Font, 'Save' it together with your work (the file size, however will increase substantially). Try to limit Font Formats to Normal, Bold, Italic and Underline only. Recommended Font Size is 14 points for the title, 10 points for the abstracts and Footnotes, 10 points Bold and Normal for the Captions (of Figures, Tables, etc) and 12 points for the text. Do not use Font size smaller than 9 points.
Paper Format (see also)
Proposals must contain the following in the order indicated:
- The Title with alignment 'Center' in a Bold Font with a size of 14 points
- The name, the e-mail and the affiliation of every one of the authors with a Normal Font of size 12 points. In the case of more than one authors the contact person must be indicated with an (*) in side of his-her name. The contact person will normally present the paper, in the case of acceptance of the proposal. Keep in mind also that, due to the limited time, the contact person must be able to respond promptly to communications from the Organizing Committee.
- The Conference Theme, the Education Level and the Type of the Work proposed
- The Keywords
- The Abstract in Greek (the Organizing Committee may help to translate abstracts from English, if necessary)
- The Abstract in English
- The Title and an extended summary to be used for the reviewing process.
It is advised that the total length of the submitted paper should not exceed 5 pages, namely 4 pages for the extended summary and 1 page for abstract.
To translate into Greek Terms used in Informatics use the Dictionary by EPY ("Γλωσσάριο Πληροφορικής" της ΕΠΥ).
The Conference Book of Abstracts will include submitted proposal in a format as close as possible to the format they were submitted. To this end the Guidelines above must be followed to greatest possible extent.
The Proposals for Round Tables, Special Interest Groups and Workshops
must have a format similar to the one described above. The names of the Authors should be replaced by the name, e-mail and affiliation of the Coordinator, who will normally be also the contact person, and the name, e-mail and affiliation of every one of the participants (see also Submission of Proposals).
The Proposals for Books, Educational Materials and Laboratory Equipment Exhibitions
must be sent to the members of the Organizing Committee in any appropriate format, preferably by e-mail.
Κάντε κλίκ εδώ για να δείτε αυτή τη σελίδα στα Ελληνικά