Comenius Contact Seminar
A Comenius HelpDesk will be available during the Conference. Its purpose will be to facilitate the formation of consortiums in order to present new applications under the Comenius (School Education) scheme of the SOCRATES program.
A Comenius contact seminar will be also organized. In this seminar:
- The workings of the Comenius 1, Comenius 2 and Comenius 3 actions will be presented.
- Participants will be able to present their ideas and seek partners in other Member states(*),
- A database of interesting potential partners will be available
Participants who want to distribute material should bring their own copies. The local Organizing Committee will be pleased to make photocopies of short documents in reasonable quantities. Inquiry in advance.
General Program of the Contact Seminar(1)
- July 12, 2005 - Arrival
- July 13, 2005
- Presentation of the program Socrates Comenius 1 projects. Details and recommendations.
- Presentation of the 'Hands-on Science' network, and of the Comenius 1 projects already induced by the network. Proposal of future development.
- Joint session with the representatives of all the schools that are considering to prepare or to participate in Comenius 1 and 2 projects in the frame of the Hands-on Science network. Projects' presentation. General discussion.
- July 14, 2005
- Presentation of the main valences of each participant school in the framing of Comenius project.
- Discussion and definition of the work program, distribution of tasks and scheduling. Writing up of the dossier of candidacy.
- July 15, 2005
- Integration of Comenius 1 projects in the activities of the Hands-on Science network
- Visit to the Science Fair Hands-on Science
- Interaction with local teachers.
- July 16, 2005
- Continuation of the building up of projects proposal forms.
- Approval and conclusion
- Visit to the region
- July 17, 2005 - Departure
This Contact Seminar is initiative of the Hands-on Science network and runs parallel to 2nd annual Conference of the Socrates Comenius 3 Hands-on Science network.
Possible Financial Aid
Potential participants may use this opportunity to apply to their relevant Socrates National Agencies for financial support. Ask your National Agency in time. An updated List of National Agencies exist in the SOCRATES pages of the European Union. Here is also a convenient list in Microsoft Word 2003© .doc or in Adobe Acrobat© .pdf. The Local Organizing Committee will be pleased to supply any supporting document.
Persons interested may use for the formalities with their National Agencies the following school:
9th Primary school of Rethymno.
It is a primary school (grades 1-6) with a rich relevant activity.
Mr. Tsagliotis Nektarios,
9o Dimotiko Sxoleio, Misiria,
GR-741 00 Rethymno-Crete, Greece. Tel.: + 30 28310 24378 (school),
Address any inquiries to e-mail. See Communication for details.